LEDucation 2020 Call for Speakers!
LEDucation 2020 is accepting submissions for presentation proposals to be given during the 2020 conference taking place March 17–18, 2020, at the New York Hilton Midtown in New York City.
Closing Date is October 15, 2019
Please make note of the required Terms and Conditions below prior to submitting.
LEDucation invites designers, educational leaders, innovative thinkers and industry influencers to share their knowledge and expertise on subjects related to commercial and architectural lighting. We are looking for a diverse group of speakers and professionals to present forward-thinking and inspiring sessions to stimulate discussion and engagement with attendees.
For those who submitted presentations in the past and did not get selected, the Presentation Committee encourages you to re-submit.
Proposed Presentation Topics Include:
• Project and Case Studies
• Future of LED and OLEDs
• Code and Compliance
• Special Applications
• Energy Efficiency
• Design Methodologies and Processes
• Emerging Technologies
• Other aspects of the lighted environment
If your Session is accepted, you must comply with the due dates and requirements listed below. If you are unable to meet the requirements, please contact LEDucation at presentations@LEDucation.org and withdraw your application.
- When submitting, please keep note of your User Name and Password. We do not have access to that information. If lost, please request from the site.
- If you are submitting for a colleague or creating a Panel Discussion, the names and profiles for each of the participants is required. This information can be updated within reason.
- Please note for panels, at least one person must be the presenter to receive notifications.
- If your session is approved, you will be notified with the additional information required.
- Bios, headshots, hotel information, Speaker Dinner/Press Event, rough draft submittal and final presentation submittal is done via the LEDucation portal only. We cannot accept data by any other means.
- You are able to make changes and edit information via the portal, so please keep note of your User Name and Password.
- LEDucation will provide hotel accommodation for one (1) night of stay during the show.
- If you would like to reserve additional nights, please provide all dates and we will make the reservation and apply the discounted rate.
- Please book the hotel via the portal to avoid confusion.
- Travel and associated costs are solely the responsibility of each presenter. LEDucation does not cover travel costs.
- AIA rules must be followed. Brand names, logos etc. cannot be used.
- LEDucation will provide a preformatted template (black or white), available via the portal and this must be used.
- Due dates are mandatory:
- Call for Speakers – closing date October 15, 2019
- Notification of Acceptance – November 4, 2019
- Schedule of Date and Times – December 1, 2019
- Bio and Photos Due – December 1, 2019
- Hotel Reservation Requirements – January 17, 2020
- Presentation Draft – February 3, 2020
- Speaker Dinner RSVP – February 21, 2020
- Final Presentation – March 2, 2020
- Please meet the required delivery dates to remain as a LEDucation presenter.
- Presentation Abstract
- Provide a brief overview of the subject matter of the presentation
- Not to exceed 100 words
- Indicate course level; Introductory, Intermediate, Advanced or Update
- Is any prerequisite knowledge required?
- 25 word maximum
- Learning Objectives
- Four (4) learning objectives are required
- Objectives should cover what information or skills the participant will learn
- Not to exceed 100 words
- For HSW credits the following additional information is required
- Health – refers to the physical, emotional and social well-being of the occupants, users, and any others affected by building and sites
- Safety – Protects occupants, users and any others affected by building or sites from harm
- Welfare – Equitable access, elevate the human experience, encourage social interaction and benefit the environment.